Have you ever seen or obtained a RAR or ZIP file? If you are one of the people who often download files or do data sharing activities, you will surely be familiar when you find the (. Rar) and (. Zip) file. Both are the most widely used data compression. Also, for some people, seeing these two types of files may seem strange or find it for the first time.
Read Also: Xiaomi VIOMI S9 Robot Vacuum cleaner is now available
Method 1: use the default Android apps or tools
This first method can only be used on Android, which has the default app or tools to open RAR or zip files. Not all Android phones have this app; if you don’t have an Android phone; please use the second and third methods.
1. Select the RAR or ZIP file you want to open by tapping or holding the file and then select the other icon indicated by the red arrow as shown below.
2. Then choose Unzip.
3. Fill in the file name and select the save directory and then Ok.
4. The archive has been opened successfully.
Method 2: use the RAR app for Android
This application was built by RAR Lab, which can create RAR and ZIP archives and can open many types of compressed files like RAR, ZIP, TAR, BZ2, 7z, ISO, and ARJ.
- Download and install the RAR application in Playstore
- After installing the application, open the RAR application.
- Next, find and select the RAR or ZIP file you want to open, then select the icon indicated by the red arrow below.
- Select the file storage directory, if you want to save in the same place as the compressed file, select Ok just
- Select Ok to allow applications to read or write to the intended storage.
Wait until the unzipping or unzipping process is complete. The duration of this process itself can be included in the quick category and depends on the size of the file that is opened.
Method 3: use the ES File Explorer File Manager app
1. Download and install the ES File Explorer File Manager application through the following link.
2. After installing the application, open it.
3. Then select the START NOW.
4 The initial appearance of the ES File Explorer Manager application is shown below. Find the RAR or ZIP file you want to open by selecting it from your phone’s storage directory or directly from Compressed.
5. Then press and hold the file> More selection icon > then choose Extract to.
6. Then select the directory where the file will be unzipped or unzipped and then select Ok.
7. Wait until the unzipping or unzipping process is complete. The duration of this process itself can be included in the quick category and depends on the size of the file that is opened.