During the Covid 19 pandemic, one of the best investments that a student can make is by investing in a good laptop. The use of a laptop is now not limited to only entertainment but is now necessary for attending classes online, to learn a new skill and grow business.
When we talk about the best laptop, several things come to mind, hardware, software, ram, and price. Since there are so many options available in the market, landing on the correct option according to one’s need can be a bit of a task.
When deciding on a laptop, many things need to be considered; the price is the primary; while it is a chief consideration, make sure it is not the only consideration. Because besides being affordable, a student also needs a decent power backup and a few other checkboxes before buying the best laptop.
A good laptop can give students flexibility and the privilege to study on the go. Any computer can help you study, but a portable laptop gives you the convenience and pleasure of learning on the move. To list a few benefits like
- Portable- the ease of carrying it around on your shoulder is perhaps one of the primary benefits of investing in a good laptop. One can work while in bed or a metro while traveling.
- Better Screen: Laptop screens tend to have a better resolution as compared to computers. The image quality is better, and the colors seem more real, and gradients don’t distort.
- Durable-Did, you know? The life of a laptop is much longer than your phone! A laptop can survive for years altogether while collecting all your important data and files in it.
- Energy Saver- This benefit is both for the user and the environment. Laptops are being designed in a way that they use less energy as compared to traditional computers.
- Easy access USB: Most laptops have 4 USB ports making it easy to access while working on the portable.
- Better resale value: Laptops have a much better resale value as compared to traditional computers. Even old laptops in a bit of a good condition can get the seller a fraction of its original cost.
Here is a list of a few handpicked laptops that we believe deserve to be the best laptops in the year 2020
Acer Aspire 5
Acer Aspire 5 has an operating system of Windows 10 with a screen display of 15.6’’inches, which is an excellent choice for a person interested in research work and writing papers. The 15.6-inch display gives the user the benefit of splitting the screen to concentrate and work on two projects simultaneously. It has a standard Bluetooth 5.0 and a total hardware capacity of 1 TB. Acer Aspire 5 comes with an inbuilt i5 processor, which works great with graphics and HD screen mode with resolution 1920 x 1080. It also has a maximum battery operating time of 7 hours and weighs only 1.80kg.
Dell XPS 13
The Dell XPS 13 has an LCD with a size of 13.30 inches and a rounding resolution of 3200*1800 pixels. If you are looking for a top-of-line window Ultrabook, then Dell XPS 13 is the choice. It is integrated with Intel HD Graphics 520. Connectivity options include Bluetooth 5.0, along with 3 USB ports. The only real issue is battery life, which is still good, but not as long as the 10th Gen Intel-based XPS 13.
Apple MacBook Air M1
The MacBook Air M1 is the most recent and advanced design by Apple. The new M1 allows the MacBook to perform better and last longer on the battery while bringing other benefits, too, like the ability to run both iPadOS apps and the IOS apps. The magic keyboard acts as an added advantage to an already compelling laptop. The keyboard has been designed in a way that the user can type for hours. The only real issue is the lack of ports.
Asus Chromebook Flip C434
The new Asus Chromebook takes convertible to a whole new level with its latest design and state of the art finish. It is stylish, compact, and comfortable to travel with. The Flip C434 has an LCD screen with a display OF 14-inch and weighs only 1.45kgs. With extraordinary battery life. Combined with the full power of G Suite and other productivity apps from the Google Play store, ASUS Chromebook Flip C434 lets you breeze through all your everyday tasks on the go.
HP Envy 13
The HP Envy 13 packs 512GB of SSD storage along with an HD Graphic card of 620. The Windows 10 home laptop comes with an LCD size of 13.30 inches and a high-quality resolution of 1920*1080 pixels. One of the most peculiar features of HP Envy 13 is the fingerprint lock giving the user extra protection for their data and files. It has an epic battery life that can last for more than 11 hours, making it one of the best laptops for students.
Chromebooks are a quality choice for students and kids in school, as their features and functionality are rapidly increasing. Whereas Windows laptops and MacBook offer plenty of other features and benefits. Which laptop you prefer is a matter of personal choice and taste.